Common Worship Lectionary App
Integrate the Church of England's pattern of daily Bible readings seamlessly into your life with the official Common Worship Lectionary app.
The app is compatible with smartphones and tablets (iPhone or iPad with iOS 9.0+ and Android 5.1.1+) and with laptops and desktop computers with internet access.
For each day of the church year, it presents the Common Worship Lectionary readings in full, plus links to the Bible passages themselves (NRSV translation). The app also allows you to:
- View Collects and Post-Communions (not found in the print edition)
- Mark and annotate records - ideal for service planning
- View the week's lectionary in a single page
- Start your annual lectionary whenever you like: no need to wait for the new church year
- Read biographies from 'Saints on Earth' of individuals commemorated in the Common Worship calendar on that day.
The web app for computers also allows you to:
- Copy and paste readings, collects, prayers and biographies into any program of your choice
- Generate a customized service sheet for the Principal Service each Sunday
- Switch between Lectionary and Sunday Worship views.
Buy a subscription
Download the mobile app
Lectionary web app
Anyone with a current offline-access subscription to the Lectionary app can also use the web app.
The web app is compatible with smartphones, tablets and computers with internet access. It replaces the desktop app for PC and Mac.
Open the web app:
Sign into the app using your Hymns Ancient & Modern account. You may need to refresh the webpage when signing in.
If you do experience problems using the web app, please send a support request: open the app's main menu (top-left button), go to "About this app" and select the option to send a formatted support email.
Sign in to the app
If you purchased a subscription from this website you will need to sign in to the app to activate your subscription.
Signing in using your hymnsam.co.uk account also allows you to share a subscription across multiple devices.
1. Open the app menu and tap on "Subscriptions"
2. Choose to sign in to hymnsam.co.uk
3. Enter your Hymns Ancient & Modern account details - this will be your email address and the same password you use to log in to this website (reset your password here)
Your subscription can be used on up to five devices - simply log in to each one using your Hymns Ancient & Modern account details.
App help and support
Please check our App FAQ first for solutions to common issues.
If you have have installed the app (on any device) the best way to let us know about a problem is to submit a support request from within the app. In the app menu go to "About this app" and tap on the help and support link.
If you have any other queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org