Moving from biblical theology to systematic theology to practical theology, "Work: Theological Foundations and Practical Implications" offers a comprehensive theology of work.
With contributions from a variety of leading theologians including Miroslav Volf and Samuel Gregg, this book brings together biblical scholars, ethicists, economists representing a spectrum of theological voices.
It will bring a new academic depth to the literature on the theology of work and provide a comprehensive single-volume resource for scholars and students alike.
1. Work in Christian Perspective: An Introduction - R. Keith Loftin and Trey Dimsdale
Part 1: Biblical Theology
2. The Creation Narratives and the Original Unity of Work and Worship in the Human Vocation - John Bergsma
3. Work as a Blessed Gift in the Prophets and Writings: A Thematic Study with Special Emphasis on Jeremiah 29 - Eugene H. Merrill
4. Labour of Love: The Theology of Work in First and Second Thessalonians - John Taylor
5. Jesus and Character Values in Work - Darrell L. Bock
Part 2: Systematic Theology
6. Work as Co-operation with God - Miroslav Volf
7. Be Fruitful and Multiply: Work and Anthropology - Jay Wesley Richards
8. Work and Sanctification - Scott B. Rae
9. Being God’s People by Working on God’s Mission - Greg Forster
10. Work and the New Creation - Darrell T. Cosden
Part 3: Practical Theology
11. Economics and the Theology of Work - Jürgen von Hagen
12. The Problem of Meaning and Related Problems: Four Voices in a Pastoral Theology of Work - Chris R. Armstrong
13. The Marketplace as Common Ground for Serving Others - Samuel Gregg
14. Poverty, Justice, and Work - Michael Matheson Miller
"I am hugely grateful to Trey Dimsdale and Keith Loftin for taking the initiative to commission such a rich book on such a vital topic from such a formidable and diverse group of scholars across a range of disciplines." -- Mark Greene, LICC and author of Thank God it's Monday.
Blessed are the Poor?
On Talking with Christians
Melodies of a New Monasticism
Can Words Express Our Wonder?
Making Our Connections
Peace at the Last
The Mindful Leader
Truth and the Church in a Secular Age
Listening and Spiritual Conversation
Vision Upon Vision
DNA of Pioneer Ministry
Other products in this Category
Theology, Psychoanalysis and Trauma
Men and Masculinities in Christianity and Judaism
Briefly: Bentham's An introduction to the principles of morals and legislation
Briefly: Mill’s Utilitarianism
A Conversation Waiting to Begin
From Fantasy to Faith
Concilium 1998/2 The Ethics of Genetic Engineering