Since it was first published, the SCM Studyguide to Theological Reflection has quickly gained a reputation for being a vital and accessible guide to the subject for all who embark on it for the first time.
The studyguide offers newcomers a step by step introduction to understanding what theological reflection is and helps them to explore which of the methods introduced best suits them and their particular situation. It is practical in emphasis, providing students with a wide variety of worked examples and opportunities to carry out their own exercises.
This 2nd edition will bring the content up to date, offering a revised and improved bibliography and updated and refreshed examples and exercises, including new sections on scriptural reasoning and contemplative theology.
Preface to the First Edition
Preface to the Second Edition
Part 1: What is PTR?
1. What Theological Reflection is – and what it isn’t
2. PTR in Practice: Some Simple Paradigms
3. Ways and Means: A variety of PTR Approaches and Models
Part 2: The Elements of PTR and its Basic Resources
4. The Place of Scripture in PTR
5. God, Gaps and Glory – The Kairos Moment
6. PTR in the Context of Daily and Community Life – Chronos
7. PTR and Personality: Differences in Thinking, Feeling,
Learning and Doing
Part 3: The Wider Perspective
8. PTR and Theology
9. PTR, Ethics, Institutions and the Wider World
10. PTR for Life – Not Just for Courses
Part 4: A Toolkit for PTR
Index of Biblical References
Index of Names and Subjects
Other products in this Category
A Transforming Vision
Studying Local Churches
DNA of Pioneer Ministry
On Human Worth
Led into Mystery
Making Our Connections
A Vital Ministry
Reordering Theological Reflection
Fragments for Fractured Times
Consultancy Skills for Mission and Ministry