To Gain at Harvest celebrates the courage, intellect, humility and passion displayed by figures of all shades of opinion and belief during the English Reformation.
Offering insights into the turbulent period of the English Reformation and its ideas, Jonathan Dean demonstrates the qualities of mind and heart, and the gifts of faith and character, which some of its leading proponents possessed.
The book will provide a vital resource for students and general readers seeking to understand a crucial moment in church history.
1. The Ground of Charity: Thomas More
2. Ambition and Fidelity: Thomas Cranmer
3. A Tudor Woman’s Passion: Anne Askew
4. Manifold Passions: Katherine Parr
5. ‘Nourished with Hope’: Nicholas Harpsfield
6. The Virtue of Moderation: Matthew Parker
7. Governing with Subtlety: Queen Elizabeth I
8. The Piety of Prayer and the Fluency of Speech: Lancelot Andrewes
9. ‘Make me Thine’: George Herbert
10. Felicity and Desire: Thomas Traherne