Church Representation Rules 2022
With explanatory notes on the new provisions
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
Church Representation Rules is a vital tool for all those involved in parochial, diocesan and national Church governance.
This 2022 edition incorporates the contents of the four Amendment Resolutions (2019-2022) passed since the 2020 edition was published. These include rules governing mission initiatives, online voting, term limits and more.
The Rules aim to simplify local church governance and enable parishes to adapt the rules to best serve ministry and mission in their contexts. They cover aspects of local church governance including:
* the formation and revision of the electoral roll;
* the minimum qualifying age for election to the Parochial Church Council or the deanery synod and methods of voting at the Annual Parochial Church Meetings;
* chairmanship of the Parochial Church Council and the number and term of office of its lay members;
* membership of deanery and diocesan synods and how the number of lay members to be elected to them is calculated;
* membership of, and elections to, the House of Laity of the General Synod.