SCM Studyguide: Books of the New Testament
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
SCM Studyguide: The Books of the New Testament, together with its companion volume on New Testament Interpretation (9780334040484), offers an up-to-date, accessible introduction to this fast-changing area of theological study.
Aimed at level one students, it encourages interaction with the New Testament texts and provides pointers for further reading and learning. The book describes the world out of which the New Testament came, and what can be known of the key figures of Jesus and Paul, before discussing the 27 books in turn.
1. The Worlds Which Produced The New Testament
2. What Can We Know About Jesus?
3. Studying Paul
4. Introducing Paul's Letters
5. The First Three Gospels
6. John: The 'Spiritual Gospel'
7. From The Cradle to the (Empty) Grave
8. Acts: Luke's Ongoing Story
9. The Ongoing Pauline Tradition
10. The Letter to the Hebrews
11. The Catholic Epistles
12. Revelation: Guide to the End of the World?
13. The New Testament Canon
Other products in this Category
Briefly: Kant's Critique of Practical Reason
Liturgy and Interpretation
Lies, Sex and Politicians
SCM Studyguide: Christian Ethics
The Last Testament
Chapters in a LIfe of Paul
Charts on the Life, Letters, and Theology of Paul
Ten Commandments in New Perspective
Phenomenon of the New Testament
Property and Riches in the Early Church
Sourcebook of the Bible for Teachers