Audiobooks from Church House Bookshop
You can now purchase audiobooks from our website for your PC, smartphone or tablet. All audiobooks come in MP3 and M4B format. Please read these FAQs if you have any problems with your files.
- Can I play it on my smartphone or tablet?
- Should I use MP3 or M4B?
- Can I share my audiobooks with other people?
- Can I download my audiobooks on multiple devices?
- How do I find my audiobook download link?
- Do I have to download my audiobook straightaway?
- Can I get a refund for an audiobook?
- How do I open my audiobook in iTunes?
Can I play it on my smartphone or tablet?
Should I use MP3 or M4B?
The two file types we offer are identical in content and quality. When you purchase an audiobook, you automatically get both file types.
The difference is that the M4B is one continuous file and will open automatically in the 'Audiobook' section of iTunes. Once you start listening, it will remember your place each time you open it and pick up from where you left off.
The MP3 option gives you multiple files (each book chapter as a separate file) which can be used in a wider variety of media players. You can also open your MP3 files in iTunes - instructions here.Back to top
Can I share my audiobooks with other people?
Audiobooks can only be downloaded by one user, a maximum of four times.Back to top
Can I download my audiobooks on multiple devices?
You can download your audiobooks on a maximum of four devices.Back to top
How do I find my audiobook download link?
Your audiobook download link can be found:
1. On the checkout receipt page, immediately after your order has been placed
2. In an email sent from firstname.lastname@example.org (we will send you two emails - one order confirmation and one containing your download links)
3. In My Account - login with your email address and password
Please note: Audiobook download links can only be used by one user, a maximum of four times.
If you have any problems downloading your audiobook please contact email@example.com.Back to top
Do I have to download my audiobook straightaway?
No - the download link stays active for 2 years.Back to top
Can I get a refund for an audiobook?
Once purchased there is no way of returning an audiobook, so we cannot exchange or refund them unless the files are faulty. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems downloading your audio.
Note: Unlike print books, audiobooks are subject to VAT. The prices on our website include VAT.
Back to top
How do I open my audiobook in iTunes?
Your audiobook will download in MP3 and M4B format. The M4B file should automatically open in iTunes, but if for any reason you need to use the MP3 files instead, follow the steps below to open them in iTunes.
1. Open iTunes
2. Go to File > Add folder to Library
3. Select your downloaded MP3 files
They will be added to your iTunes Library. To edit your files, right click on them in iTunes and select 'Edit audiobook info'.
Please contact email@example.com if you require further assistance.Back to top