Stories of Encounter
Pray Now Prayers, Devotions, Blessings and Reflections on 'How They Prayed.'
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
Behind the theme of this new volume in the popular annual Pray Now series, is the belief that everyone has a story to tell, no matter what age or stage of life they are at, and that in worship we weave our stories into the bigger story of God.
Our stories are shaped by encounters with other people, with the physical world, with the variety of our own experiences and emotions, and with God.
This dynamic collection of newly written prayers, meditations and blessings will be a welcome aid for worship, for small group devotions and for personal discipleship.
More than seventy short sections, each containing a scripture quotation, prayers for morning and evening, a short meditation, suggested scripture readings and a blessing, explore a rich variety of encounters:
* Between Jesus and others in the Gospels - disciples, women, the young, the old, critics, enemies
* The people we encounter - friends, neighbours, colleagues, family, strangers, the hostile
* Encounters with the physical world - animals, weather, traffic jams, crowded cities, empty spaces
* Encounters with ourselves - success, disaster, loneliness, identity, hope, fear, mystery and more
* Encounters with God in prayer - how Christians across the centuries, including Julian of Norwich, St Benedict, Martin Luther, Wesley, C S Lewis and others understood and practiced prayer.
The Common Gaze
The Invisible Church
Delivered out of Empire
Who Needs Words?
Where Two or Three are Gathered
Freedom and Faith
Worship for the Whole People of God, Second Edition
Let Everyone Find Their Voice
Pilgrim Guide to Scotland
Looking for Mrs Livingstone
Other products in this Category
The Treasures of Darkness
Word of Life
The Preaching Life
Christian Prayer for Today
People of the Way
The Canterbury Book of Spiritual Quotations
A Balanced Life
Soul of a Pilgrim
More Than Words
Learning to Dream Again
The Jesus Prayer and the Great Exchange (S124)