Rooted and Grounded
Faith formation and the Christian tradition
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
Beginning in New Testament times, there is a time-honoured tradition of forming new Christians in the essentials of faith: catechesis.
This volume aims to uncover the riches of this tradition for all who teach and preach the faith today, and well as animate it: St Augustine wrote that joy should be the prime characteristic of those who teach the faith.
Six outstanding theologians and historians open up the tradition of catechesis for today's church:
* Alister McGrath explores the role of the creeds in catechesis;
* Susan Gillingham, Professor of the Hebrew Bible, looks at the Psalms in Christian formation;
* Jennifer Strawbridge, Associate Professor of New Testament, reflects on catechesis in the early church;
* Carole Harrison, Lady Margaret Professor of Divinity, offers lessons from the patristic period;
* Sarah Foot, Regius Professor of Ecclesiastical History, draws lessons from the Anglo Saxon missions to Europe;
* Simon Jones, Chaplain of Merton College and member of the Liturgical Commission, links formation and liturgy;
* Steven Croft shows how this great tradition can be revitalised today.
We Welcome You DVD
Everybody Welcome: Leader's Manual
Unfolding the Living Word
Grasping the Heel of Heaven
Send My Roots Rain
Fathers in God?
Creative Ideas for Ministry with the Aged
A Year of Grace