Alternative Pastoral Prayers
Liturgies and Blessings for Health and Healing
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
This book is intended as a supplement to Common Worship Pastoral Services which provides liturgies for use in ministry to the sick - distribution of communion, emergency baptism, laying on of hands and anointing.
Many hospital chaplains find their services are needed in other acute situations and often by people who have no church connection or knowledge of religious language. Here chaplains need to improvise.
This practical volume draws on the experience of numerous clergy and chaplains and provides tried and tested liturgies in accessible language for a wider range of occasions.
Prayers are included for
- occasions surrounding birth: thanksgiving, baby blessing and naming, emergency baptism, prayers for a stillborn child
- healing rites: communion, anointing, laying on of hands, confession and reconciliation
- marriage in hospital, blessing of a civil union, affirmation of a relationship
- prayers for every stage of a hospital stay
- on receiving a diagnosis, before an operation, when life support is withdrawn
- occasions surrounding the death of infants, children and adults
Other products in this Category
Dancers and Wayfarers
Book of Common Prayer as Proposed in 1928
Violence in the Workplace
Seeing Our Faith
The Methodist Worship Book
Sing God's Glory
The Language of Tears
Prayers and Ideas for Healing Services
Rejoicing in Newness of Life: Services for Lent to Pentecost
The Art of Curating Worship