Alternative Pastoral Prayers
Liturgies and Blessings for Health and Healing
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
This book is intended as a supplement to Common Worship Pastoral Services which provides liturgies for use in ministry to the sick - distribution of communion, emergency baptism, laying on of hands and anointing.
Many hospital chaplains find their services are needed in other acute situations and often by people who have no church connection or knowledge of religious language. Here chaplains need to improvise.
This practical volume draws on the experience of numerous clergy and chaplains and provides tried and tested liturgies in accessible language for a wider range of occasions.
Prayers are included for
- occasions surrounding birth: thanksgiving, baby blessing and naming, emergency baptism, prayers for a stillborn child
- healing rites: communion, anointing, laying on of hands, confession and reconciliation
- marriage in hospital, blessing of a civil union, affirmation of a relationship
- prayers for every stage of a hospital stay
- on receiving a diagnosis, before an operation, when life support is withdrawn
- occasions surrounding the death of infants, children and adults
Other products in this Category
Funeral Prayer Cards
Funeral Services Large Print Edition
Creative Ideas for Pastoral Liturgy: Baptism, Confirmation and Liturgies for the Journey
Cries of the Heart
At Heaven's Gate
The Sacristan in the Church of England
1500 Prayers for Public Worship
Pastor as Theologian
Creative Ideas for Whole Church Family Worship with CD ROM