A New Monastic Handbook
From Vision to Practice
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
Two leading practitioners of new monasticism open up the movement's spiritual landscape and its distinctive calling and gifts within today's church.
Practical experiences and stories are set alongside reflection and liturgies as a creative resource for all who are already involved in, or are exploring intentional living in community.
Focusing on new monasticism's key characteristics of prayer, mission and community, this book explores:
- continuity with traditional religious life
- innovations, such as its use of social networking technology
- potential for spiritual formation
- preference for the abandoned places of society
- transformative approach to mission
- blend of the traditional and experimental in worship
- growing international presence
Lies, Sex and Politicians
A Walsingham Rosary
What Makes Churches Grow?
Don't Stop at the Lights
Walk in This Light
A Heart Strangely Warmed
John Henry Newman
Voice of Faith
Fresh from the Word
Hymns Ancient and Modern Revised Edition: Full Music (Ref. No. 71)