Two leading practitioners of new monasticism open up the movement's spiritual landscape and its distinctive calling and gifts within today's church.
Practical experiences and stories are set alongside reflection and liturgies as a creative resource for all who are already involved in, or are exploring intentional living in community.
Focusing on new monasticism's key characteristics of prayer, mission and community, this book explores:
- continuity with traditional religious life
- innovations, such as its use of social networking technology
- potential for spiritual formation
- preference for the abandoned places of society
- transformative approach to mission
- blend of the traditional and experimental in worship
- growing international presence
Other products in this Category
Exploring God's Mercy
Straight to the Heart of Moses
Why Did Jesus, Moses, the Buddha, and Mohammed Cross the Road?
Men of Habit
The Drawing of This Love
Growing into Life - Living by Design
Working it out
Why Jesus Died
Simple Faith: Choice