Two leading practitioners of new monasticism open up the movement's spiritual landscape and its distinctive calling and gifts within today's church.
Practical experiences and stories are set alongside reflection and liturgies as a creative resource for all who are already involved in, or are exploring intentional living in community.
Focusing on new monasticism's key characteristics of prayer, mission and community, this book explores:
- continuity with traditional religious life
- innovations, such as its use of social networking technology
- potential for spiritual formation
- preference for the abandoned places of society
- transformative approach to mission
- blend of the traditional and experimental in worship
- growing international presence
Other products in this Category
John Sentamu's Hope Stories
Franciscan Heart of Thomas Merton
Simply Good News
Book That Changed My Life
Working it Out
Cranky, Beautiful Faith
Simple Faith: Choice
What's So Amazing About Grace?