A New Monastic Handbook
From Vision to Practice
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
37 units left in stock.
This eBook is available for download by customers in the UK and selected other countries.
Check if this eBook is available in your region
Two leading practitioners of new monasticism open up the movement's spiritual landscape and its distinctive calling and gifts within today's church.
Practical experiences and stories are set alongside reflection and liturgies as a creative resource for all who are already involved in, or are exploring intentional living in community.
Focusing on new monasticism's key characteristics of prayer, mission and community, this book explores:
- continuity with traditional religious life
- innovations, such as its use of social networking technology
- potential for spiritual formation
- preference for the abandoned places of society
- transformative approach to mission
- blend of the traditional and experimental in worship
- growing international presence
Other products in this Category
My Mate's Gone Mad
Fresh Expressions of Church and the Kingdom of God
The Benedictine Handbook
Evaluating Fresh Expressions
Dry Bones Can Live – How to be part of a healthy church
The Rule of St Benedict
To Live is to Pray
The Warmth of the Heart Prevents Your Body from Rusting
If God, Then What?