Two leading practitioners of new monasticism open up the movement's spiritual landscape and its distinctive calling and gifts within today's church.
Practical experiences and stories are set alongside reflection and liturgies as a creative resource for all who are already involved in, or are exploring intentional living in community.
Focusing on new monasticism's key characteristics of prayer, mission and community, this book explores:
- continuity with traditional religious life
- innovations, such as its use of social networking technology
- potential for spiritual formation
- preference for the abandoned places of society
- transformative approach to mission
- blend of the traditional and experimental in worship
- growing international presence
Other products in this Category
Growing into Life - Living by Design
How Then Shall We Live?
Why I Follow Jesus
Big Ego Trip
Working it Out
Raising Children in a Digital Age
Running Over Rocks
Regeneration and Renewal
Jesus Wants to Save Christians
Who are We to Judge?