SCM Studyguide: Pastoral Theology
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
The SCM Studyguide Pastoral Theology designed to support undergraduate courses for the training of clergy and lay pastoral workers at an accessible introductory level. The book aims to develop pastoral wisdom and integrity through a critical integration of theology and the human sciences.
Introducing key themes in theological anthropology and pastoral practice, it shapes a creative pastoral vision which is deeply rooted in a Christian vision of what it means to be human and what it takes to care. Working with case studies, the book will introduce broad frameworks of understanding of issues such as growth, loss, and sexuality, together with critical perspectives on important aspects of practice such as language, power and boundaries.
The book provides an accessible overview of key concepts in pastoral theology, offering key entry points for further discussion and study. Each chapter includes discussion questions and/or reflective exercises at the end of each chapter together with a short bibliography. Throughout the text, key summaries of learning will be indicated by boxed Practice Points.
1. The Humble Pastor – Imagining Pastoral Care
Part 1 Life in all its Fullness: The Call to be Human
2. Being Human – Life, Love and Longings
3. Faithful Change – Growth, Transition and Maturity
4. All Desires Known – Sexuality and the Call of Love
5. The Fragility of Life – Attachment, Trauma and Loss
6. Growing Together – Religion, Relationships and Ritual
Part 2 For Their Sakes: The Call to Care
7. Tend my Flock – The Story of Pastoral Care
8. The Art of Pastoral Conversation – Listening, Love and Language
9. Boundaries and Power – The Limits of Pastoral Care
10. Serpents and Doves – Integrity and Good Practice in Pastoral Care
11. Messy Moments – Unsought, Untamed, Unimaginable Encounters
12. The Paradoxical Pastor
Other products in this Category
SCM Studyguide: Christian Spirituality
Integrity of Pastoral Care
SCM Studyguide: Preaching
Handbook of Pastoral Studies
Still Small Voice
Supporting Dying Children and their Families
SCM Studyguide: Books of the New Testament
Finding Hope Again
SCM Studyguide: Theology in the Contemporary World